It’s truly amazing how far technology has reached. Everything is smart now. Our phones, our cars, even our houses. So a smart TV does not come as a surprise, doesn’t it? I personally love the fact that I can connect my TV to the internet and access channels such as Youtube or Netflix directly. A few years ago I had to connect my laptop through an HDMI cable in order to watch my favorite show on the big screen. But now I am no longer required to do that. Everything I want is a push of a button away.
The benefits of using a wireless keyboard on your smart TV
Apparently, it made the lives of many people so much easier. The remote will soonbecome obsolete. Soon enough smart TVs will be in every house, and so will TV keyboards. And here is why.
- ü Easy control – it has never been so easy to control a TV than with a keyboard. Most of us use one every single day while on the computer or laptop. It has a become an extension of our hands. So imagine how easy would it be if everytime you want to spend some time in front of the big screen, you just use a keyboard. You already know where all the buttons are, you don’t have to access multiple menus to access a particular function and so on.
- ü You can write with ease – we are all aware of the search box on Youtube. Smart TVs have the application. However, when it comes to searching for a particular video, you almost want to pull your hair out. We are so used to everything going fast, that we ultimately lost out patience. It’s a complete nightmare to write three words.
- ü The mouse – another horrifying thing. You had to move it with the arrows on the remote and then push ok. It would take you forever to press ok on 20 letters. Only 20 if you were lucky. And God forbid you made a mistake. Move the mouse with the arrows again and push ok on backspace then take it where you left off. I am not going to go over the entire process because it makes me angry only thinking about it. But I bet you see my point.
I know that you agree with me and you are as aware as I am that a wireless keyboard for smart TVs is a God given gift.
How to choose the best wireless keyboard for smart TV
Now that we agreed upon remotes becoming utterly useless when it comes to smart TVs let’s move to the part where we decide what we want in the best Smart TV keyboard. Obviously, you want it to have as many features as possible, but just because it was anexcellent idea from the start, that doesn’t mean all TV keyboards have what it takes to be the best.
- ü Go for the one with the integrated touchpad. You don’t want me to remind you the mouse nightmare in a regular remote. I expect you don’t want to go back to moving the cursor with the arrows again, do you? A touchpad will come in handy. Moving it will be as natural as moving it on your laptop. That is why we want a smart TV keyboard after all. For the ease of use.
- ü Easy connectivity – trust me when I say this, you don’t need a keyboard that will ask you a thousand questions before installing. There are some models that arevery difficult to install, and you will probably smash one against a wall. You want one that you just connect to the TV and you are done. No drivers, no issues connecting, and proper functionality is the best you can hope for.
- ü A wide range of action – the best Smart TV keyboard will always have a full range of action. If you want to use the keyboard from your kitchen counter, then you should be able to do that (valid for open space kitchens). What is the point of a wireless device if you cannot use it from afar?
- ü Special functions buttons – this is where the remote buttons are useful, but a keyboard can have all these buttons as well. Look for keyboards that have a separate button for volume control, mute, brightness, pause, play, full-screen, etc. I bet that they will come in handy, especially when you are watching a movie or other videos. Usually, you have to press FN together with another key, but you are used with that. It’s the same with computers or laptops.
- ü Battery life – it’s wireless, so it has to draw power from somewhere. This is an important aspect. I guess you don’t want to change the batteries every couple of weeks. Especially if you use the keyboard for gaming as well. You can always go for a smart TV keyboard that has rechargeable batteries. They are more efficient and can stay on standby for longer.
You can add to these if you like. That is the beauty of the times we live in. New features are being born every single day.
What is the best wireless keyboard for smart TVs?
There may be inadequate (to say the least) smart TV keyboards out there, but honestly, there are hundreds of excellent products. Making a choice is tough, but possible. Here are three examples of what I consider to be the best Smart TV keyboard.
Logitech K400 Plus
This is a perfect example of what I was talking above. It’s the ideal keyboard for your Smart TV. It has an integrated touchpad so you can enjoy easy control of your TV. You don’t need to install anything. It’s a plug-and-play kind of keyboard. You just connect it to the computer and you are done. You can start using it. Just insert the tiny receiver in the USB port at the back of the of the TV. It is comfortable to use, the keys don’t make too much sound, and the touchpad is comfortable to use. Not too big to occupy a lot of space, but not too small so that you can use it with ease. The range goes as far as 33 feet. It’s enough for you to sit comfortably on the couch and watch a movie or chat with your friends. There will be no delays. The keyboard is easy to use in general, eliminating any learning curve. It resembles a regular keyboard, so older people will have no issues learning how to use it if they don’t know already, which is highly unlikely. Everybody knows how to use a keyboard nowadays. The battery life is more than satisfactory. They should last up to 18 months. You may even forget that you need to replace them at some point. But if you use the on/off switch button and not leave the keyboard on standby, the batteries may last even longer. It consumes very little energy. Although this keyboard can be connected to your smart TV, it’s also compatible with Windows 10, 8, or 7, Android5.0 or higher, and Chrome OS. Just in case you need to know. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
AOKVIE Wireless Backlit Keyboard
This model also has an integrated touchpad, only this time is located on top. It’s not as wide as the previous model, but it’s deeper. The overall design is small and very attractive, and the backlight makes it look very nice in the dark. You can even change the color if you want. Just press FN+F2, and you can make it red, blue, or green. The aspect that I find most attractive about this keyboard, apart from design, is the fact that it has a built-in removable and rechargeable Li-ion battery. It will last longer, you can leave it on standby, and you can charge it by plugging the USB cable into your computer or wall adapter. One of the reasons for which the battery lasts so long is that it has an auto-sleep and wake up function. The range is 33 feet so you can use it from afar. No need to stay right in the front of the TV. As far as the keys are concerned, there is nothing you cannot do. The keyboard is QWERTY, and the touchpad can support multi-finger functions: single finger click as a left mouse button, two-finger click as the right mouse button, and the double finger drag as a scroll function. The idea was to recreate the computer keyboard experience. From what I see, AOKVIE succeeded. This too is compatible with other devices and operating systems (smart TVs, media players, desktop computers, laptops, Android. PS3, and Xbox 360) Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Proster Wireless Keyboard
The purpose of Proster was to manufacture a keyboard that is comfortable to use. That is why they created a product with a humanized ergonomic design. It means that the design it’s destined to reduce wrist strains by providing a comfortable and pleasing typing experience. I think this is ideal for people who are no longer in their forties. But younger people who have to use computers all day at their jobs will appreciate a break from an uncomfortable keyboard as well. Carpel tunnel is a severe medical condition which can compromise the use of your hand(s). It’s very common among programmers, writers and other professions that require excessive use of the hands. That is why a humanized ergonomic keyboard is like a breath of fresh air. The range of action for this keyboard is the same as the previous two products, 33 feet (10 m). It’s powered by 2 AAA batteries, but they will last for quite some time. The auto-sleep feature will help increase the battery life. If you are idle for more than 15 minutes, the keyboard will automatically turn off. To wake it up all you have to is press any key. Simple as that. When the batteries are empty, you will know because there is a light on the upper right corner that will go red. The keys are mostly silent, and you can control things like volume, next/previous, play and pause. Overall, this product is satisfactory. It’s compatible with a wide variety of devices and operating systems, but the important thing is that it’s compatible with your smart TV. After all, that’s why you’re here. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I think all three products will bring customer satisfaction, but my personal choice is theAOKVIE Wireless Backlit Keyboard. I like everything about this keyboard. The backlight, the overall design, the features, together with the rechargeable battery make this product the best Smart TV keyboard.
I love how technology progresses every single day. Manufacturers are in a constant competition to create the best, the smallest, the most intelligent devices. I like this kind of constructivecompetition, and it should always be encouraged. That is how our technology will reach its peak. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Undeniable Reality About Samsung Smart Wireless Keyboard That Nobody Is Sharing With You
- What You Must Know About Mini Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- The Characteristics of Keyboard Samsung Smart Tv
- The Appeal of Wireless Keyboard for Samsung Tv
- The New Angle On Samsung Smart Tv Bluetooth Keyboard Just Released
- Samsung Tv Wireless Keyboard – Is it a Scam?
- Top Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Smart Tv Guide!
- Surprising Info Regarding Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung Smart Tv Uncovered
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Smart Tv Keyboard and Mouse
- Facts, Fiction and Best Wireless Keyboard for Samsung Smart Tv
- The Key to Successful Samsung Wireless Keyboard for Smart Tv
- Whatever They Told You About Smart Tv Wireless Keyboard Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Wireless Keyboard for Tv Explained
- Top Samsung Smart Tv Wireless Keyboard Tips!
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Keyboard for Tv and How It Can Affect You
- The Insider Secret on Tvs Keyboard Price Discovered
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Samsung Wireless Keyboard
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Samsung Tv Keyboard and What You Should Be Doing Different
- The Debate Over Tv Keyboard
- The Ultimate Solution for Tvs Keyboard That You Can Learn About Today
- Wireless Keyboard for Samsung Smart Tv at a Glance
- One of the Most Incredibly Neglected Answers for Wireless Keyboard for Smart Tv
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Samsung Smart Tv Keyboard and How It Can Affect You
- Who’s Discussing Keyboard for Smart Tv and Why You Should Be Worried
- Smart Tv Keyboard Tips & Guide
- Keyboard for Samsung Smart Tv Fundamentals Explained
- Samsung Keyboard Smart Tv Exposed
- Buying Lg Tv Keyboard
- The Undeniable Truth About Wireless Keyboard for Lg Smart Tv That No One Is Telling You
- Whatever They Told You About Keyboard for Samsung Tv Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- The Good, the Bad and Samsung Keyboard for Smart Tv
- New Questions About Keyboard Smart Tv Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Dirty Facts About Keyboard for Smart Tv Samsung Exposed
- The 30-Second Trick for Bluetooth Keyboard for Smart Tv
- What Everybody Is Saying About Keyboard for Lg Smart Tv and What You Should Do